Monday, June 22, 2009

The Other SANCHEZ -- he's a catch they say!

Well. . .my weekend of hospital visits and curve baseballs is over. I had planned on posting about Saturday night's curve game but was a bit cheesed off at John Grabow and Jesse Chavez for blowing the lead that I couldn't bring myself to type anything positive about the Pirates. After all, my gram used to tell me that if I can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all.

Now even though Steady Sweaty Freddy Sanchez willed a strong bat but let the sun hurt his eyes, I have to say nice things about him cuz c'mon he's a doubles machine! So, despite Paul's poor outing and despite the somewhat lack of offense, I still see the glimer of hope when I see Adrew McCutchen's 5th triple of the year! Hopefully we can take out our frustations on those poor Cleveland Indians and those sad K.C. Royals!

As I wait for tomorrow night's town hall mt. w/ Uncle Frank, Cousin Neil, and Brother Bob, (I'm more excited about the free food over the rousing roar from un-happy season ticket holders), I've decided tomorrow is too long to wait for my daily fix of all thing Pirates.

So, MyFavoriteLaroche girls will be hiking it to Niles Oh, home of the MV Scrappers, to see our future catcher, Tony Sanchez (our other favorite Sanchez) as he does his short stint w/ the State College Spikes before he becomes "West Virginia, Wild and Wonderful!"

With notepad and camara in hand, it is shaping up to be a great day for some sweet Kodak moments! We're row A right behind the vistor's on-deck circle! Great view of home plate -- it's a fantasic view for watching the pitches come over the plate.

So stay tuned for a minor league update of all things Tony Sanchez. Oh, go vote for Pedro -- he's a Curve! Ya know you're a baseball nerd when you plan your visits home w/ the minor league schedules for your local teams!

No comments:

Post a Comment