Monday, June 8, 2009

Deep in the Heart of Texas (clap, clap, clap)






So I was hoping to post these pics. with a few taunting jabs after we grabbed 2 of 3 from the Astros, but Fat Elvis, aka Lance Berkmen, and his trusted sidekicks Carlos Lee and Hunter Pence decided to bust out of their respective slumps. But just because we lost doesn't make me a spoil-sport, I shall post my jabs w/ honor:

Even though my darling right fielder in tall socks smashed a homer, a triple, and several other good hits this weekend, I must give mad love to HUNTER PENCE! The first time I saw him as we peered out the fencing behind the handi-cap seating screen in right field, I was became a Pence fan. For starters, his name is just so darn fun to say in an over-exaggerated why. Second, c'mon he looks 12 - I feel like I should be rooting for the little league Astros instead of the Houston Astros. But I'll give the tall socks wearn' youngn' his props - he's an okay outfielder but a better batter. He puts so much energy and facial expressions into is swing that frankly provides the funnest at bat pics I've seen.

Now on to the fun stuff. Check out Carlos Lee - I know I've been forced to since he is the Astros' left fielder and I sit on his side of the field. Ya know, Nyjger, aka Tony Plush, Morgan's speedy command of the left field tureen must have me spoiled cuz o'l boy Lee has no spark in his engine. He runs after balls like I run period - not that fast! Thank-goodness for Houston's sake Lee is a power threat at the plate (when he's not striking out that is) because his defense is worse than my dri
ving at times! And ladies and gentlman, does he or does he not have the lower body make up like a a woman? Really, check Lee out from waist down - he's got the lady curve goin' on! And I would know cuz I'm rather wide myself.





And lastly, there's my 3rd favorite first basemen, Lance Berkmen. You may wonder I called him fat elvis in the opening paragraph. Well. . . it seems his mom feels he looked like elvis w/ those dashing side-burns he was sportn' a while back. Lance told a reporter in an interview that mamma Berkmen thought he looked like elvis, ya know the "fat one" he commented. So, when "
My Favorite LaRoche" girls were baseball heaven other wise known as spring training, we were privilaged to take in an a few Astros games and got to experience the "Berkmen Phenomn" first hand. And boy those little redneck ladies love them some LanceBerkmen! Notice his approach at the plate. Hand delivery is so important when you're entering the batter's box!






Well, we will see those darn stros again I say. Hopefully we can improve our won/loss record against them. I so don't undertand why we can't beat them. C'mon, we slam their ace, Roy Oswalt, but can't get a hit off of a 8.05 era pitcher. And what about yesterday? A pulled groin in the middle of the 2nd forces their starter out and he can't take advantage of the rooten bullpen that the Astros have! To be fair to our boys, the stros 2, 3, 4 hitters were sold and not having Jack at Short Stop didn't help. I love Ramon but his range isn't even on the same plant as Wilson's. Two of those infield bloopers wouldn't haven't got away from Jack nor would they have scored the winning runs. But we fight again today. On to Hotlanta and a renion w/ the center fielder of last wk; Nate M.


Go getm' Zack!

2 comments:

  1. hey this is pretty cool Francie !

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks tammy - at times i can be creative when i want to be!

    ReplyDelete