Sunday, July 26, 2009

Adam say "hello" to Boston!


Well, in only is 2nd game as a Red Sox, my favoriate laroche hit himself a 2 run blast into left center field. After coming home from seeing the Pirates of tomorrow last night, aka: the Altoona Curve, hammer their oppontants 9-3, I prompted logged into MLB.com to check on Adam. I feel sort of parental in the sense that I was one of the few Adam Laroche fans while he was in the Burgh and I don't just want to drop him like Uncles Neil and Frank have. I am a true fan of the sport so w/ that in mind, I clicked on the Red Sox's site link and to my enjoyment saw the gift Adam gave to his new fan base!


Despite going 0-3 last night against the O's, Laroche showed Bean Town his elegant swan like swing and drove the ball over the Green Monster wall of Fenway! Now I would just like to caution my Boston baseball brothern not to get too used that sight. Cuz after the A.L. pitchers get their first looks at Adam, they will have his number; which is he can't really hit off-speed pitches too well. You will hear your share of "and he swings and misses for strike 3" when Adam is at the plate. But he will dazzle you with his defense and give you glimpses of glory w/ that swing. But my request is simple, please take care of Adam and make him feel at home. He's a nice guy and a great teammate w/ a fun sense of humor. If ya treat him right, he will love ya back w/ more Adam Bombs!


Adam, thanks for the memories. And thanks for wearing #25 and encouraging Andy to wear #15 cuz now I don't have to retire my #25 t-shirt. I can just fashion myself a #1 and velcro it over the #2, thus, recycling the LaRoche "T" for the rest of the season. But rest assured sweet Adam, you will always be my favorite laroche!! Okay, step aside it's Andy time!

No comments:

Post a Comment