Monday, July 13, 2009

12 Games Under .500 but OH GARRETT JONES!

So the lack of "w's" have led to a lack of desire to update our fair blog. But on the heels of the All-Star game, I thought I would feature a Pirate all-star; Garrett Jones! Okay, maybe Jones is just an all-star in our minds, but if his bat remains as hot as he is then despite the standings it will be a fun rest of the summer watching Pirate baseball.

Before I dazzle you with my photo skills of Mr. Jones, I must set the stage. My Favorite Laroche girls were sitting in Dunedin, Fl watching warm-up's and batting practice as we eagerly waited for our Bucs to take on the Blue Jays. I was standing in earnest trying to get a few balls signed for myself and my friend's boys. One of the players that game over to me was sweet little Garrette Jones. He signed my ball (and I must say he has perfect handwriting to go w/ his perfect. . .tan, yeah, that's right!) and had a chance to chat w/ him for a bit. I told him what fun it's been to watch him play and hit so well and that I hoped to see him in the Burg some day. I found my way back to my seat and shared my baseball signages I was able to garner with the other half of My Favorite Laroche. I showed her my Jones ball and we both realized he was "just beautiful" as my friend would say! So not only were we watching our favorite Laroches but we were on Jones watch as well! Then it came, Garrett had a nice hit and has he found his way back to the dugout, I yelled something like "way to go Garrett." And that's when it happened, he looked up and gave My Favorite Laroche girls a thumbs up and a sweet smile! Mind you we were sitting about 4 rows away from the dugout so we knew the Jones love was ment for us!! That made the whole Dunedin Day worth it.

Now with the stage set, the trading of Nyjer Morgan led to Mr. Jones finding his way from Indy to Pittsburgh. Playing left field has lent itself to be a bit of a challenge for Jones but there's no doubt his bat hasn't found PNC Park too challenging. Jones has hit several homeruns since being called up not to mention the base hit and extra base hits he's delivered! As you will see soon, Garrett's a leggy, tall guy but he's swift and speedy like the wind! The boy can run him some bases! I will say, despite some bad baseball the Pirates have been playing lately, sitting in our seats on the 3rd bases line clearly remains the best place to view the game -- wink, wink!

No comments:

Post a Comment